The PledgeOur word is our bond.
To join Women in Digital, take the pledge below when you sign up for a membership.
You alone will hold yourself accountable and track your gives, asks and volunteer time. Treat this as tool to define your goals and keep track of your progress.
At this time, Women in Digital, is open to any and all women in the digital marketing, advertising and communication profession or to any individual who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community or as a woman. Men are excluded unless they have been honored by the community with a Digital Dude honor.
The Women in Digital Pledge
As a member of Women in Digital, I acknowledge that there is far more work to be done to achieve true equality in the digital advertising, marketing and communications industry. And that while my particular employer may embrace gender equality and diversity; other women are still battling against internal forces which prohibit them from achieving their personal and professional goals.
I pledge to support my fellow members in any way I am able and to believe in myself, never forgetting my own strength. I also understand that even the smallest steps will have a significant impact on our collective goals.
I understand and accept that the major issues we as a group collectively promise to combat are:
- Inadequate acknowledgement or recognition for achievements in the way of promotions or salary increases
- Lack of inclusion in key meetings
- Unequal representation in leadership and C-level positions
- Lack of paid maternity and family leave
- Lack of child care pay or coverage
- Sexual harassment
- Unequal pay or promotions
Over the next twelve months I will:
- Make 12 “Gives” to another Woman in Digital member
- Make 12 “Asks” to another Woman in Digital member
- Volunteer at least 12 hours of my time to a group, outside of our own, dedicated to empowering children or women
I pledge to be my own champion and the champion of all of our members by accepting that we have won some battles, but not the war. And until we’re equal, no woman will be.