Women in Digital is Now Hiring for the Following Positions:
About this Role
Women in Digital, founded in 2016, is now on the precipice of growing from 1,500 members to 5,000. Every bit the start up, Women in Digital is also a thriving social enterprise driven by our purpose to change the world – one member at a time. Our mission is to ensure member value for every one of our members all along the way.
Every member of our team plays a critical role in the success of our organization by ensuring the satisfaction of our members, and ultimately making a positive change within our industry. Unlike most mission-driven organizations we are growing very quickly and have ambitious plans to scale nationally and internationally. Our future Membership Liaison must be in this for the long haul (3-5 years), prepared to grow with us as we venture into totally unchartered territory while building an organization from the ground up with no clear or direct road map.
The Memberships Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of general membership at WID headquarters. This includes management of our membership database, communication with members as a customer service liaison and additionally communication with our network of volunteers nationwide who site on our chapter boards. The Memberships Coordinator must be able to manage multiple projects at a time, deliver excellent customer service to WID members, and meet daily/weekly/monthly guidelines and goals while having a positive attitude and mindset in a fast-paced start up environment.
A large part of the membership duties at WID for the Memberships Coordinator will consist of meticulous data entry and maintenance, platform/website maintenance, and customer service for prospective and current members. On the flip side you’ll be tasked with matching members with each other for Ask & Give Exchanges, seeking members to profile and feature our website and on social. Additionally, you’ll be our voice on Slack, our thriving membership community.
The Memberships Coordinator must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will be communicating via email and Slack for a large portion of the day, as well as via phone with HQ and prospective board/WID members. The Memberships Coordinator must possess attention-to-detail to maintain the accuracy of membership records and adhere to the WID voice and branding while communicating. The Memberships Coordinator must be a team player, and be comfortable with helping out HQ with other projects outside of the Memberships Coordinators daily routine.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– 2-3 years of customer service experience in a digital environment with proven digital communication skills (email, chat and otherwise)
– Experience managing multiple projects.
– A passion for startups/fast-paced environments
– Go-getter, proactive mentality
– Knowledge and qualified experience using Asana, Google Drive (Sheets, Excel, Docs, Mail, etc.), Slack, WordPress. (an absolute must)
– Knowledge of WID’s goals, mission, and practices.
– Knowledge and experience using Mailchimp, Help Scout, Join It, Shopify, Pivot Tables in Google Sheets, membership management tools.
– Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Business, or digital-related field preferred.
– Match members to each other for fulfillment of Asks & Gives posted in Slack, or ensure they have matched w/ each other
– Open, maintain, and cancel membership accounts by recording account information via directories, websites, and other digital platforms.
– Resolve membership or product problems by clarifying the member’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
– Manage large amounts of incoming emails and Slack messaging.
– Identify and assess members’ needs.
– Build sustainable relationships through open and interactive communication.
– Curate and identify amazing member stories to share with our marketing team and to publish on our website and social channels.
– Follow Member Coordinator and HQ procedures, guidelines and policies.
– Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges regarding membership prizes, kits, and other HQ shipments.
– Advise on membership information/the goals of WID to potential, new, and current members.
– Management of fulfillment of merchandise through membership rewards fulfillment and printing vendors
– Determine ways to increase general membership value.
– Encourage and increase general membership participation.
– Increase general membership approval rating of HQ and WID in general.
– Procure general membership stories/wins for use as promotional materials.
– Facilitate general membership asks/gives.
To apply – send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject line Membership Coordinator.
Compensation and Benefits:
This role is 90 days contract to hire. Health benefits available after 90 day contract trial period and full time salaried position commences.
Women in Digital, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.